jq Sailing: Who am I?

MIMENU

1:53 PM

Who am I?

Sunday morning, 8AM.

A great time for waking up, for taking a walk, for discovering something breathtakingly reflective and new in Magasin 3 because, what could be cooler than a modern art museum hidden on the old freeport district?

On the way there, aided by the map.

I guess... It's always nice to have a clear goal,

And maybe, the easiest way for getting to it seems to follow the marked path. Follow the line, don't think, just do what they want you to, what seems logical and correct because... If they say so, should be because they know better, right?


But sometimes, apparent logical and traditional reasoning brings us to crossroads that, unless counting on tones of criticism and initiative are more impossible to solve...


Which is what I love the feeling you get after two lessons in K'fack. Learning to make up your OWN mind is the most important kecture - and maybe the hardest to get taught, at least, in Technical Schools - you can hope to pass in your life.

But somehow I reached my goal, so here it's what expected me upstairs...




Some others, tried to focus on the meanwhile. Which is why BETWITXT made me think so much. If you are not happy in the meanwhile periods of life, you'll never be happy when - if being enough lucky - reach your goals.

Cosima Von Bonin - "Seasons in the abyss", 2006 Mixed media, 2 x 2 m (podium)

But le Grande Finale was yet to come from Christian Boltanski's mind.


Who are you?

Is the question asked to and hopefully to be reflected inside the viewer's mind.
From human evolution, to heartbeats, from stereotypes to self-perception of the own persona to the itching sensation that remains... Hours later, when trying to fall sleep.

The others.

Maybe trends are just the aggregation from the evolution of many people's perception of themselves, merging our illusions with others whom we share future personal goals with, just the behaviour that results from inner plans, beating inside our chest that, we might have not shared yet... But keep thinking of, anyway.

Having my ill heartbeat recorded was kinda cool...

I don't know, but I'm just happy of being able to question... Which is much more than what could I have said not so long ago.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sailing. All rights reserved.
DONTPLAYAHATE